Saturday 15 September 2012

Termly reflections

Term 1 Test Reflection
For this term test, I got a bare B4 which is to me a mark that leaves much to be desired. I believe that this term’s results is due to my badminton competition that, which due to unfortunate timings coincided with all my science lessons and caused me to miss the bulk of them. However, it is still no excuse for the poor results as there were adequate notes and exercises given out to at least help me get a B3 grade, if not better. Furthermore, I should have seeked help from my friends as many of them did much better than me and could have been more than useful to me.
Term 2 Test Reflection
For this term test, I once again got a B4, however this time I really have no excuses. Badminton competitions did not clash with science lessons and physics, I originally thought was easier than chemistry too. The main problem I think, was that I neglected the topic of salt preparation and in the end did not even perform as well as expected in the light questions. Furthermore, I did not do a complete enough revision and failed to do the critical analysis question due to time constraints because I lost concentration mid-way through the test. I would probably have done better if I had put in more effort to understanding and learning how to apply certain physics concepts in other areas.
Term 3 Test Reflection
For this term test, I got an A1, which was an  unexpectedly good mark considering that I was mostly focussing on the human reproductive system when most questions that came out were for the plant reproductive system. I think that the cause of this is that the critical analysis question this time was a give away question. As such, I could easily get 5 marks more than usual while wasting less  time. Thus, it is still too early for me to relax as it was out of sheer luck that I could get an A1, furthermore it was a bare A1 as well. If it were not for the bonus quiz, I do not even think that I could have gotten an A1 at all.

Term 4 Upcoming Exams
For the End of Years, I think that I should put a lot of focus on chemistry as I am not strong in that area and have already forgotten almost everything of the little that I know of the topic already. However, I do hope to be able to get an A1 as I have already done it before in term 3. Another thing I should take note of is my speed as last year, due to lack of time, my Section C pulled down my science grades.

No comments:

Post a Comment